Congratulations Edward Pfister of Montgomery Village, Maryland! You Won!
Congratulations to MOA member Ed Pfister of Montgomery Village, Maryland. Ed's drawing number, 6284, was chosen after six attempts to find a winning number! The full video of the drawing is above. Ed's winning numbers start at the 11:45 mark.
Years ago, Ed's first BMW motorcycle was an R 80 G/S. Now, he has a replacement.
Nearly 7,000 tickets were sold in the 2023 Completely Vintage raffle. The net effect of the fundraiser is over $70,000 in training benefits to MOA members through the BMW MOA Foundation. Every member who purchases a ticket makes this possible.
Stay tuned for our next fundraiser that culminates at the National Rally in Doswell, Virginia where three motorcycles will be up for grabs!
The BMW MOA Foundation’s latest restoration project, a 1981 R 80 G/S, is up for grabs in the Completely Vintage raffle. Designated as the world’s first adventure bike, fewer than 22,000 units of the R 80 G/S were built worldwide. One lucky MOA member will take home this fantastic survivor on April 22, 2023.
Ready to win? Buy tickets now.
The Foundation found the highly desirable boxer on eBay nearly three years ago and started the process of making it the subject of the Completely Vintage raffle. After two failed attempts to deliver the bike during the COVID lockdown to MOA member John “Dutch” Lammers for restoration, the process finally began in late 2021. The result is a beautifully restored example of one of the most iconic BMW motorcycles ever built.
Tickets for the Completely Vintage raffle are available for purchase between January 29 and April 17, 2023, online or by calling the MOA membership office at (864) 438-0962. The live winner’s drawing will take place on April 22 at the MOA Getaway at Fontana. The drawing will be broadcast online, and members may attend in person.
The Completely Vintage fundraiser benefits the BMW MOA Foundation and its mission to advance rider safety, education, and training. According to MOA Foundation President Tom Gary, the popular fundraiser will fund all the Foundation’s rider training activity for a full year. Complete details and more information about the R 80 G/S build are available online at bmwmoaf.org.
What They're Saying About the R 80 G/S
The R 80 GS has to be one of the most iconic motorcycles BMW has built. Someone is going to be very lucky to put their hands on this impressive example of a classic motorcycle.
~ Tom Gary, BMW MOA Foundation President
I’ve always thought BMW created an awfully good package, and now that I’ve worked on one, I’m really taken aback by how really beautiful the bike is……it’s a stunning bike.
~ John "Dutch" Lammers, restorer of the Completely Vintage R 80 G/S
It is an absolutely stunning machine. I am making space in my garage!
~ Jerry Aldini, #214427
It's doubtful BMW realized back in 1980 just how much impact the R 80 G/S would be and over the last 40 years more than a half million of GS models have been sold creating a new classification-Adventure. It's the first true dual-sport motorcycle.
~ Bill Wiegand, #180584
- Raffle ticket sales begin January 29, 2023, and end April 17, 2023. All ticket orders must be RECEIVED on or before April 17, 2023. Prize drawing to be held April 22, 2023. Ticket buyers do not have to be present to win.
- Raffle tickets may be ORDERED ONLINE, by calling (864) 438-0962 or by mailing a TICKET ORDER BLANK DOWNLOADED from the website or posted in the BMW Owners News. You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a ticket. Multiple ticket purchases by a single buyer are permissible.
- Confirmation of ticket orders will be returned via email. A complete list of ticket buyers, along with the drawing number(s), will be published at bmwmoaf.org before the drawing on April 22, 2023.
Odds of winning depend on the final number of tickets sold. The complete winner's list will be posted at BMWMOAF.ORG.
- Winners claiming their prize must present photo identification and ticket purchase will be verified. Winners are subject to all applicable taxes. Consult your local tax professional for the exact tax liability.
- The BMW MOA Foundation reserves the right to replace, substitute or exchange any of the prizes listed with a similar prize of equal or greater value. Maximum prize value $30,000.
- BMW MOA Foundation Board members, BMW MOA and Foundation employees, contractors, and their immediate families are ineligible to win. Immediate family is defined as spouse and dependent children. The BMW MOA, BMW MOA Foundation, their officers, directors, employees, volunteers, sponsors, or any person or organization affiliated with BMW MOA will not assume any liability for any loss, injury, claim, or otherwise resulting from any prize obtained through the sale of a ticket. By submitting an order for a raffle ticket and receiving a drawing number, the buyer acknowledges this limitation of liability and assumes any liability and will hold harmless the BMW MOA, BMW MOA Foundation, or any affiliate for any liability resulting from the purchase of this ticket or any prize resulting therefrom.
Entries for the 2023 Completely Vintage fundraiser are listed below in alphabetical order by the ticketholder's first name and first initial of the last name along with the assigned drawing number. During the live drawing on April 22, the winning numbers will be chosen in a blind draw, similar to a lottery ball drawing. Drawing numbers are randomly assigned as ticker orders are received and the complete list below is updated approximately every two weeks. A final list will be published and marked "FINAL" the week of April 17.
Drawing Number Table